Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lazy Lunch

This is what happens when our family has an extra busy weekend...I end up digging into the back of the refrigerator and the bottom of the pantry!  But the girls ate all of their lunches, so maybe it's not such a bad thing to make due with whats on hand.
These are my favorite bento boxes, mostly because I really love Hello Kitty and this makes my love of all things pink acceptable.  These have a top tray to hold everything inside from spilling out, plus the tray holds your very own pink spoon and fork! Genius, right?  Then the top locks down to hold it all together.
This Lazy Lunch had some mini peppers, mini cucumber slices, some ham (cut with a heart shape cookie cutter) and some raspberry newtons...oh, I also stuck some cheddar crackers in between all the sections to hold them nice and tight.  I used 4 silicon cups to divi everything up, and I made sure each cup was a different color to make it sort of fun.   I threw in freeze dried fruit;  my girls eat these like they're candy and I can buy the little packs in bulk at Costco, love that!  They both also got an organic vanilla milk. 

Wednesday's lunches promise to be much much more creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment