Friday, April 29, 2011

High Tea For A Royal Celebration

With a Dad from England to say I am in love with anything English is a slight understatement. When I got the chance to share the excitement of a Royal Wedding with my two girls, just like my Mom had done with me 30 years ago I jumped on it.  I realize there has been lots of criticism over the wedding, the expense and opulence and Americans being so enamoured over it when so much tragedy is happening in our own communities...for me the two don't go hand in hand.  I think it's lovely to have a bit of distraction during a bleak time.  I think it's lovely to see two people clearly in love getting married.  And I think it's lovely that for one day things seemed right with the world (or at least the 3 hours of DVR footage that I have). It was only natural to have High Tea today to celebrate the darling couple; what a beautiful bride Kate was; and since today isn't a charter school day our tea was served on English China and not in bento boxes.  I made this tea for the girls, so it's definitely a child's tea complete with cucumber sandwiches and blueberry scones (not super traditional, but super yummy) and a bit of clotted cream.  They also have some pretty fruit kabobs, a bit of veggies and dip, some cheese and chocolate covered strawberries and finally some gummy frogs; because as all girls know; you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!
Miss. GiGi takes her tea with cream, very British, and Miss. LiLi prefers hers with just sugar or honey.  I hope that today is just as magical as it was for my girls and I, and of course the newest Royal Family.  Congratulations Prince William and Duchess Catherine!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Keep the ideas coming!

    --Mary Grace from Books and Bairns using someone else's account. :-)

    ReplyDelete