Monday, August 29, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday, Take Me Out To The Ball Game

My first lunch of the season, I was definitely out of practice!  Because of our new Homeschooling schedule I'll be able to make lunch at home on Mondays and for the first time ever they will be served in Muffin Tins.  I have been so envious of those blogging Mama's that have been making these darling little lunches and now I am going to attempt to join them.

Here's the first one, it's loosely based on a Ball Game meal (loosely because LiLi has a severe peanut allergy so cracker jacks are out).

Both girls got a turkey dog, with their choice of dipping sauce, cucumber slices, sunflower seeds, watermelon and popcorn.  We had fruit smoothies too, and they were so yummy!  These super easy lunches provided at least 3 servings of fruits and veggies (the smoothie had bananas and strawberries)...and the popcorn is a great way to get some fiber into your kids!



Today's lunch showed me two things; first, I really need to stock up the kitchen and pantry with lunch items.  And second, I gotta organize the lunch making supplies, I've bought a lot of cool things this summer and have just tossed everything into the "bento" drawer...needless to say, the bento drawer currently looks like an overfilled junk drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment